Updated: Jan 8
Vegan spicy sausages!
Have them as a snack, on a sandwich, on a pizza, or in soup.
Important: keep the dry and wet ingredients separate until you are ready to mix everything together and make the sausages.
What you need:
4 to 6 sheets of aluminium foil
A steam cooker.
1 1/2 cups of vital wheat gluten (gluten flour)
1 Tablespoon paprika powder
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon cumin powder
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, mince
80 ml. tomato paste
80 ml. water
60 ml. soy sauce
60 ml. soft (not melted) refined coconut oil
2 teaspoons vinegar
How to make the sausages:
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl
2. Mix the wet ingredients separately.
3. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix well, knead for 1 minute and then leave it to
rest for 5 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 4 (or 6 pieces), shape into sausages and wrap each sausage in
aluminium foil - pinch and roll the ends together.
5. Steam the sausages for 30 minutes.